10 reasons to run a Hot Chocolate race
I recently signed up for my first Hot Chocolate race, at the end of this year. It's a great and fun way to conclude the 2017 racing calendar. And if you use my discount code to register, you get a special bonus (see below for details).
(Disclaimer: I received a free entry to this race as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro ambassador, and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!)
Here are my top 10 reasons to run the Hot Chocolate in St. Louis:
1. It’s all about the chocolate. Who doesn’t love chocolate? This just isn’t any dark chocolate either. It’s gluten-free, nut-free and has no compounds.
2. An automatic PR for many runners. While 5Ks are pretty common races, 15Ks are not. For many runners, including me, this will be their first 15K race and therefore an automatic PR.
3. Open to all runners. The race is a good balance for all runners from experienced to first-timers. There are corral spots for those who expect a fast time while those just aiming to finish will be able to go at their own pace, running/walking with friends.
4. Nice, warm swag. All 15K and 5K participants will receive a jewel-toned pullover. Made of a soft, technical fabric, the long-sleeved quarter-zip with thumb holes will be ideal for cool winter runs. It also features a zippered chest pocket.
5. More nice warm swag. Want to get a special bonus? Use my discount code BRHCSTL17 and you will receive a bonus Hot Chocolate cap.
6. Free race photos and videos. Anyone who has participated in races with free photos can truly appreciate this perk. After the race, search for your bib number and download and share your photos at will.
7. Parking aplenty. Kudos to the Hot Chocolate website as it gives detailed information about parking options on race morning.
8. Medal mania. Finishers will receive a city-specific medal to proudly display their accomplishments on their medal stand, wall or around their neck.
9. Finish the year strong. Given the mid-December timing, it’s a great way to finish off the year, heading into the holiday season.
10. Did I mention the chocolate? Finisher mugs are filled with chocolate fondue, dippable snacks and decadent hot chocolate. Hot chocolate inflatables will be available for photos at the post-race party, along with official Hot Chocolate race series merchandise.